Monday, March 5, 2007

- Charity Knitting

I have seen a lot of people lately talking online about charity knitting. There are some really good charities out there, and I thought I'd list a few for people who are interested:


There are so many good charities out there that accept knitted items, it's amazing.


I have mentioned already that I am working with 25 others across the USA on the Oddball Charity Knitting Blanket. It's pretty cool, and I can't wait to get the blanket. We are all knitting 3 inches of the blanket, in whatever color and pattern we want, then sending the blanket on. There is a 'journal' that is going along with the blanket, so that every knitter can write a little bit about themselves for the recipient. It's a fun cool project that I know will end positively for someone I've never met, and never will. The blanket just started it's trek around the USA, and has already visited two out of the twenty-five knitters who will eventually get their hands on it.


The blanket is going to visit the following states:

North Carolina
Kentucky
Florida
Michigan
Washington
California
New Mexico
Oregon
Montana
Massachusetts
Connecticut
New Jersey
Virginia
Georgia

All of the people who are going to knit this blanket are members of KH. What a great site, the people there are wonderful. The idea was posted on February 21, 2007. By February 23, 2007 there were 25 people signed up, and even a few "pinch knitters", in case life happens to someone. By March 4, 2007, the blanket has visited two people and is on it's way to the third. I think that's pretty amazing, and shows the heart of the people who are on the KH forum.

On a personal knitting note, I am closer to being done with the baby blanket. I only have 19 rows left. AAAHHHH, I can't wait to have it done. Not because I don't enjoy making it, I do, but I can't wait to give it to the proud parents to be!!! I love giving hand knitted gifts to people. It's so fun to see their faces (and yeah, I kinda, sorta, like the praise, the oooo's and aaahhh's). What can I say, I like it when my work is appreciated. Well I'd better get going, I can get a few more rows in before Heroes starts.

Oh, and BTW, did anyone see Battlestar on Sunday?!? What the FRAK??????!!!!!!???????

No comments: