Friday, March 30, 2007

- Dishcloths

So I really wanted to knit something today, but something that I could get done. I guess I needed to feel a sense of accomplishment without really doing anything productive. So I knit up two dishcloths.

This one I just knit up a seed stitch border and a Stockinette Stitch center. I used Sugar and Cream that I got a Michael's for $1.00 a skein (it was on sale from $1.50).


This one I got the pattern from the Mason Dixon Knitting book that I got for Christmas.

But if you don't want to spend $30.00 on the book here is a free pattern for mitered squares like the one I did. The green in the dishcloth is Sugar & Cream, and the multicolored is Lion brand cotton. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I kind of like it. What do y'all think?

Well I knitted something, and feel as though I've done something, when in fact I just farted around all day and didn't do a darned thing I should have done. But then again, it's my day off, and I don't have to do anything if I don't want to!

1 comment:

Austy's Mum said...

I must get to knitting some of those. I like the blue varigated one! Much nicer than smelly shop bought discloths sitting on the sink, and I have lots of leftover cotton lying around!