Friday, March 2, 2007

- A few more scarves


I think I have knitting ADD. I can't just knit one thing at a time. I constantly have 5 or more things on the needles at once, and about 50 projects I am thinking about making. This scarf is made with Paton's SWS. I really like how it's coming out. I don't think this picture allows you to fully appreciate the pattern, however, you can get the idea. This yarn is so very yummy, soft and thick. It has a wonderful drape to it and a nice sheen. Also due to the amount of wool it is very warm.


I'm also making a scarf out of Caron Simply Soft. It's 100% acrylic as so it's machine washable, which is nice....since really who wants to hand wash anything?

This stuff is really nice to work with, it's soft and pliable. There's just the right amount of give to it. The pattern is just simple:

CO an uneven amount of stitches

Rows 1-6 Knit
Rows 7-until you like the length k2, p2 every row
Last 6 Rows Knit

I think it's called a mock rib. Anyhow, this pattern pulls in the yarn quite a bit, so for the neck area I just did a bunch of garter stitch rows so it was wide enough to be warm, then went back to the mock ribbing.

I like how it's coming out so far. I also did a 6 row garter stitch boarder at the beginning.

After work today a co-worker and I went to Michael's, and luckily I still had some gift certificates left over from some very generous family friends. I bought 4 skeins of Patons Rumor in Hibiscus Heather, which is an acrylic, alpaca and polyester blend. I can't wait to knit with this. It's really amazing what they can do with fibers now days. Acrylic yarn used to be so rough and unforgiving, now some of it is just beautiful and luscious. I also picked up some Caron Simply Soft Shadows, 3 skeins of Mardi Grey and 3 skeins of Soft Merino.

I know you think I should be done, but I'm not. I also got two skeins of Sugar 'n Cream cotton, and 4 skeins of Patons Grace. For those of you who know me, "YES, OK, YYYYYEEEESSSS, I bought more yarn!! I know I have a lot, but I bought more!!! But it's ok, 'cause it was a gift certificate and I didn't spend any of my own money." For those of you who don't know me....I don't really have enough yarn, my friends just don't understand the 'softy goodness' of yarn, or the pure enjoyment I get out of having it on hand.

There is no such thing as too much stash. And by stash I mean yarn stash, shame on any of you who thought differently!!!

Until tomorrow, or the next day, or the next.

Ok, I had to come back and add this link. For those of you who think of knitting and think grandma and scarf HERE is a link that will will make you think again. Because I'll tell you what if YOUR grandma knit stuff like this, then I will make an educated guess about you and say you are likely one sick puppy!!!

No comments: