Saturday, March 24, 2007

- Sock update

Well today was a long day. My work schedule has changed, and I no longer work four 10 hours shifts, I work M-F 8 hour shifts. I feel like I don't have time to get my work done. Too many things happen during work hours. When I worked the 10's I had 2 hours to work before the phones started, and people came in needing help. Ahh well, I'll get used to it. No use stressin' right? But I taught CPR/First Aid/AED today for the Red Cross, from 9am to 5pm. That means I have only one day off this week, then back to the grindstone.

I got home and was exhausted, but the sock, it called to me. I K1,P1 to row 35 then decided I wanted to start the heel. Thanks to Silver's sock tutorial. I think I know what I am doing. I have knit 5 rows of the heel, and don't really know how I'm doing, but I think I'm doing it right.

In all honesty I want to post pictures of my progress, and have every intention of doing so. But the thought of lifting the camera, taking a picture, uploading the picture, and posting it, is too much. (Yet I can take the time to type the steps I would have to take to post, and that wasn't too much?) Sometimes even I don't understand myself. Good golly, no wonder others don't always 'get' me.

Tomorrow is girls day, going to Home Depot with a friend to buy flowers for her house, getting the rest of the girls and going to the Hancock Fabric's going out of business sale (they also sell yarn). Then we're going to the Tea shop to knit for a few or five hours. Sunday is knit day. I'm torn as to what I should knit. Baby blanket? Sock? ISE 4 scarf....definitely the baby blanket. Sheesh she's due on the 26thish of March....that's Monday, HOLY BUDDHA!! I'd better get that baby blanket finished. Ok, baby blanket it is!

Hopefully, by the end of the day I can get a pic of the sock posted. I like how it's looking, but never having seen a sock knit in progress, I'm still not sure if I've got the heel right. Well, if it comes out wonky it comes out wonky!

No comments: