Thursday, March 1, 2007

- Stuff on the needles


My mom recently asked me to knit something for a charity event. Something that they could auction off, and wouldn't take too long for me, but would be universally appealing. No tall order right? Well, I was going to try to knit the Branching Out pattern from Knitty. However, since I've never knit lace before, I decided something a little easier would be in order. That way I could be sure to get it done before April, and I know it would turn out ok.

So I changed plans and decided to make the Irish Hiking Scarf. I'm making it out of Paton's SWS, which is a wool/soy mix. I am absolutely loving the way it is coming out. I think this picture is not the best, but I think you can see the details.

Since my camera is new, I'm still figuring it out. I took this picture, and of course as soon as I did the batteries went dead. So no more pictures 'til I can get to the store.

Since I frequent KH on a regular basis, I am constantly coming in contact with beautiful things and wonderful yarns.

So because of that I am continually inspired to buy new things, and try different patterns. So I recently bought some NORO. I got it at a wonderfully discounted price at Little Knits. They are a great place to buy yarn from. I am planning on making Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. A couple of people on KH have made it, and the pattern is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to start it. But of course I have about a million things on the needles right now and need to finish a couple of those first.
One thing I need to finish is this baby blanket for a friend. I got the pattern from someone on KH, melissa.atkins. It's a great pattern, easy, and it looks good. I have about 37 more rows to go. It's made out of Bernat Softee, and I'm double stranding it. So far, so good. Hopefully I should be done next week! Something I should mention about this blanket, if anyone ever makes it, you want to CO a multiple of 4 stitches + 2.


I still want to make the Branching Out scarf, and I've gotten some lace weight yarn to make it with. One of these days I'll tackle it.

More "exciting" (to no one else but me) tales of knitting to come.

No comments: