Sunday, March 11, 2007

- Random update

Well I haven't been around for a couple of days, and I haven't had time to really knit. Work has been keeping me busy and tired, and I've just needed a break. To veg out in front of the t.v....yeah like that's been happening.

I went to Michael's last night, and I bought a new knitting bag. I'll have to get it full of projects and take a picture of it. It's really, nice. I think I love it. And it's bright orange, which is cool in itself.

I called my neighbors on Friday from work and informed them I would be "Kidnapping" their baby on Saturday. One of my co-workers was taking her kids out and about, so I figured I'd give my friends some...ummm...adult time. So we took the kids to the park.

It was a blast, put the baby on the swing. Watched the 7 year old practice her babysitting skills under the watchful eye of me and her mom. She was extremely conscientious about making sure we were watching the baby when she needed to get a drink from the water fountain. Always pointing out that she would be "right over there".

Kids are cute, especially when you can give them back.

So I just checked on KH and the Oddball Charity blanket is coming along. Already three knitters down. Here is how it looks so far.

The last knitter added cables (this is her first time) and it looks absolutely wonderful. I can't wait until I get it, and can add to it. I just love this idea for a charity blanket. I'm still not sure if a charity has been decided on to receive it, but whoever does will love it.

When the third knitter received the blanket, the person who knitted it before sent her a little present. How nice! She got some yarn and some nice pens. Hmmm, maybe I can send someone some Sierra Nevada Mustard. I don't think they sell it anywhere but here. Naahh, mustard is a weird gift for someone you don't know.

ADOPT A SOLDIER

I have adopted a soldier!! Aunt Nancy is looking for people to adopt soldiers. Send them a letter, a small package, something to let them know they are cared about. Regardless about what you think about the war, I urge people to support our soldiers!!!

Adopt one, let them know that people back home care about them, and wish them to return home safe and sound. I have bought a few packages of Girl Scout cookies, and will be sending them on to Iraq....or wherever my soldier is stationed.

You can always go down to the local recruiting office and get the address for "Any Soldier" and send a letter to someone you don't know. You never know how much you can lift someone's spirits with just a "hello".


No comments: