Saturday, April 28, 2007

- Finding bones.

I'm sitting here checking out the news online, and I saw two stories that I thought were interesting. One was about an earthquake in Lisbon in 1755 you can check it out here, and one was about ancient camel bones found in Arizona, which you can read about here. I think its so interesting when there are finds like this. It make my imagination run wild! What was life like back then? What were the people like? How oddly cool would it be to see a camel in Arizona (which obviously wasn't Arizona back then).

Like when you're (again maybe it's just me) driving down the road, and you notice the sky/clouds/weather patterns, and you wonder what it would have been like to live in that particular place 1,000 years ago. Without cars, or streetlights, air conditioning, heaters, or grocery stores.

I always think how much prettier things must have been.

2 comments:

gaga said...

It's not just you. I do it all the time. I live in a house that is at least 120 years old. Older people in my town tell me they grew up eating collards and cornbread in my kitchen. This area was also considered highly spiritual by Native Americans and when I work in my backyard I can't help but wonder what everything looked like back then.

jenn said...

Your so pretty!!!!