Monday, April 9, 2007

- Mom rocks again!!

So I got home from work today, and there was a package waiting for me. She is sooooooo cool. I don't even have words for how nice my mom is. Here is what I found in the package. Now the return address label had my dad's name on it, but it had a picture of a cat on it. So I know my mom ordered them. Because if my dad had ordered them they would be purely functional, definably with no cat picture. Not because he hates cats, but because I don't think he'd see the point of a picture on a return address label. :-) Mom's are cool. They put the finishing touches on life.


This book is really nice, and has lots 'o info. It talks about the different kinds of fibers, where they come from, how they're made and all that good stuff. I'm gonna love delving into this one!

Oh, the Mercedes Lackey book my mom sent me last week, that I started reading on Thursday, yeah, it's finished, and oh so good. I bought the sequel to it. Can't wait for it to get here.

My wonderful Mama also sent me a Passover card. A cute little picture of a kitty wearing a yamika. Too cute.

I ordered myself some stuff from Amazon.com:

A Dyer's Garden: From Plant to Pot Growing Dyes for Natural Fibers" by Rita Buchanan

Natural Dyes and Home Dyeing (Formerly Titled: Natural Dyes in the United States)" by Rita J. Adrosko

Knitting for Baby: 30 Heirloom Projects with Complete How-to-Knit Instructions" by Melanie Falick

The Art and Craft of Natural Dyeing: Traditional Recipes for Modern Use" by J. N. Liles

Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch

To Light A Candle (Obsidian Trilogy)" by Mercedes Lackey

Koppers Rum Cordials Rum Cordials" <-- Ok, not a book, just a guilty pleasure. I do love them so.

I had NO idea that amazon sold food, but my mother recently had 100% maple sugar candy sent to me through amazon, I thought I'd see if they had rum cordials, and lo and behold, they did. So I bought 3 lbs.....yeah I know, that'll keep me in rum cordials for life.

I can't wait until all of these books get to me. Ohhhhh, the reading I'll do, and the housework I'll ignore. It'll be poetic...well, not really, but it makes a good story. So a little late for Easter, but I got this picture in my inbox this morning, and I checked it out on Snopes and it's true. This is the largest bunny ever:

1 comment:

Marigold said...

Which Mercedes Lackey book? I like most of her stuff, and I own copies of a good percentage of it, so, just wondering.