Thursday, April 19, 2007

- Private yarn swap

I bought some yarn that I began to dislike. It was beautiful yarn, there was just something about it I just couldn't seem to work with. Well someone (Stickchick) agreed to swap yarn with me!!!!!

She had some yarn that I've been dying to try. It is 100% Bamboo, here is a link to it. It's specs you ask, here they are:

100% Bamboo yarn, 100 gr / 250 yds, with a gauge of 5sts / 8 rows = 1" on us size 6 needles.

Well Mrs. Sticks was super fast getting the yarn in the mail and I got it yesterday, here it is in all it's yarney splendor:



It is soooooo pretty, and I love the feel of it. I'm going to have to use you guessed it bamboo needles, because it feels as thought it might slip right off metal needles.


I also bought some yarn from thisonline shop. I bought 4 skeins of Idena Lingarn, medium ecru.



Natural cotton/linen mix great for earthy organic look. Content: 60% cotton/40% linen size: 50g/70m - 1.75oz/76 yards Gauge: 18 sts/4" using needle #8US Care: machine wash gentle/dry flat.

I also bough 7 skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy, sage.

Contents: 41% cotton, 34% hemp, 25% modalYardage: 50g/153 ydsGauge: 22sts/4"Needle size: #4US/3.5mm

Oh, by the way, check out this blog post, it's freakin' hysterical.

No comments: