Monday, April 30, 2007

- Yarn diet

So I am officially on a yarn diet. I 'organized' my stash the other day, and realized I have 10, count 'em 10 HUGE tubs full of yarn. So I am now on a yarn diet. No more until I use some....I could open my own shop according to my silly friends. (They are just jealous if you ask me).

So I took the kitties to the vet today, to get their shots. According to the vet, Eshara (the grey one) is 11lbs 6oz, and Sinatra (the orange one) is 18lbs 4oz. Well, Sinatra went loco in the office. Right after we got the weight, he lunged at her, hissing/spitting/clawing, well she pretty much ran out of the room and wouldn't come back in. When the vet came in, she tried to get his pulse, and he tried to attack her too! She went and got what I can only describe at a bathmat, and called in a different, very strong looking vet teck. It took all 3 of us to hold him down for his shots. The funny thing is at home, he's the most loving and laid back cat. You can do anything to him and his only response is "meow...purr". But apparently he doesn't like the vet AT ALL!!! Eshara, who is usually the hellraiser in the house, got all scared, and kept hiding in the corner. She was mewing like a kitten, almost (pardon the pun) catatonic. It was bizarre! Thankfully I won't have to take them back until next year.

I've started the hemp bag. I'm using a hemp/linen mix, and only about 10 rows in. The pattern I'm using is the one from Lanakits, and it's kind of a pain. P2tog (purl 2 together) on 16" circular needles....yeah, not easy. Especially as tightly as I knit. And this yarn doesn't slide well. Oh well, it looks cool at least. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next day or so.

No comments: