Tuesday, September 4, 2007

- Baby Charity Knitting

I'm knitting some baby hats for this charity. I've got one preemie hat down (my first hat ever) and another one on the DPN's. Here is the pattern I'm using. I like it because there is no seem, it's quick, and extremely cute! I also want to knit up some booties, but gotta bust out a few hats first.

The first hat took a total of 2 hours, and the second one is knitting up quite a bit faster. If you are looking for some good baby/preemie patterns this site has some great patterns. Oh, and as always knittingpatterncentral always has a TON of free and very cool patterns.

I'm going to make a few hats and booties for Knitting for Vincent, then I'm going to make some for my local hospital's neonatal unit. I think it's a cool way to help, doesn't take a lot of time, and just makes you feel good to do something nice for someone other than yourself. I always like to recommend that people volunteer their time. I think if everyone volunteered in their community, and gave back, there'd be a lot less problems in every city. Give something of yourself, and the rewards will ripple......you know the "Butterfly Effect" (no not the movie)...“Does the flap of a butterfly’s wings in Brazil set off a tornado in Texas?” I think it does. And a minute of your time, can change the life of someone else.

On another topic, this is my secret swapper's blog. She is super cool. I bought for her, and knitted for her, and she is a wonderful person.

1 comment:

Laura said...

And I love you too :) Still enjoying my yarn- yay!