Saturday, September 8, 2007

- KIP and bumping into a movie star

Ok, when I was in the airport waiting on my plane I was knitting a preemie hat on DPN's. I noticed two teenagers looking at me and realized they were talking about me. The appeared to be late teens approximately 17-19, and possibly brother and sister. The following is the conversation I overheard:

Girl: "I think she's crocheting. Is she crocheting? What is she doing?"
Boy: "NO stoopid, she's knitting. Crochecting is with ONE thing. She's doing stuff with more than one thing."
Girl: "Knitting is with two things. She's doing that stuff with four things. So what is she doing? I think she's doing some crocheting only fancy crocheting."
Boy: "I told you you're stoopid. She's fancy knitting. Four things is more than one thing, and one thing is crochet. So she has to be doing fancy knitting stuff with four thing....Hey, ask her what she's doing."
Girl: "You're stoopid. One thing is crochet, two things is knitting, more things are something else. You ask her since you're so stoopid."

Ok, the above conversation when on in the same vein for about 10 more minutes, with whispers and pointing....all aimed at me. But neither of them ever asked me what I was doing. But OMG, I sure was laughing inside the entire time!

BUT that is not all. I flew into Las Vegas, on Friday, September 7th. Two days (apparently) before the MTV Music Awards. So I'm walking towards baggage check, thinking, "Wouldn't it be cool if I saw a celebrity?.....Yeah, right like that'll happe......" Then I bump into someone, I automatically mumble "oops, sorry," THEN I LOOKED UP!!!!!!!! Who did I accidently bump shoulders with?!? Kevin Smith! Yup! You read that right, Kevin Smith, of Clerks, Chasing Amy, Mallrats, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Catch and Release, Jersy Girl, Clerks II!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I was mumbling "oops sorry. 'scuse me" He was mumbling " 's ok" I was stuck staring at the back of his head, and his black shrit and shorts, as he continued down the walkway with his little rolly bag following him.

The people behind me stopped too, turned and said, "You bumped into Kevin Smith, that rocks".

I wish I'd run after him and gotten his autograph, but at that point I was so shock that I'd seen him, let alone bumped into him that I couldn't do ANYTHING but stare, and notice that he's got a little bald spot starting on the back of his head. Oh, and he's HELLA short!

While in Utah (St. George), I met a new cousin on the Miller side of the family. They still live in Arkansas and she has info on my great-great grandpa and his maternal grandparents who he lived with after the Massacre.

We went to a memorial service today for the massacre victims, and my mom and I were interviewed by two different newspapers. Hopefully I'll get copies of them tomorrow. If there are online links I'll post them.

1 comment:

jeanius said...

i don't think i could have not laughed out loud at them....