Thursday, September 6, 2007

- Mountain Meadow 150th

I will soon be traveling to St. George, Utah to participate in the memorials for the Mountain Meadow Massacre victims and survivors. If you've read this blog before you will know that I am a direct descendant of William Henry Tackitt who was one of 17 surviving children. This is the 150th anniversary (September 11th). I'm assuming it will be an interesting time.

I'll be there between Sept. 8th and Sept. 11th. I'm going to take a ton of pictures, and I will post them when I get back.

I am also going to take my knitting! I'll have two plane trips and a two hour drive, so I should have plenty of knitting time. I'm going to bring the DPN's and knit up a few preemie caps for the Knitting for Vincent charity (mentioned in my last post). I figure Utah is going to be slightly hot, although the humidity will be better than it is here. So I want to knit small things in heat.

If I have time, I'm gonna stop at Michaels and get some more baby yarn to take with me on my trip.

The weather here is hot and humid, and it's really hazy due to the massive fire about 80 miles away from here. I got to my car this morning and there was ash all over my car. Yuck!! Every time I go outside I come in smelling like fire. Yesterday was worse though. The smoke was so thick there was no blue sky, only smoke, and the sun was blood red due to all of the ash in the air.

I probably wont post for a week or so, although I should have internet access so there might be a random post here or there while I'm gone.....just don't know.

Oh, and apparently, I have no shame. I have realized I will bargain for anything, up to and including a rental truck for moving.

No comments: