Monday, October 1, 2007

- Found....Cherokee information on Miller family

I came across some information showing Hugh Martin Miller and his wife Mary Long or Mary Good were both Cherokee, here is a link. This is very exciting, because it shows roll numbers and all kinds of good information. OMG, this is sooooo very exciting.

It's always cool to find verification of family oral history.

Hugh Miller was the father of Emberson Miller who was the father of Armilda Miller, who was killed at Mountain Meadows in 1857. She would have been 1/2 Cherokee. She married Pleasant Tackitt who was also killed at Moutain Meadows.

I'm kind of wondering if Pleasant Tackitt met the Miller's through his uncle Pleasant Tackitt (the fighting parson he can be found on wikipedia) who was a missionary to the Cherokee Indians.

3 comments:

jane said...

I would really like to get in contact with you. Hugh Martin Miller and his wife Mary Good were my ancesters too. Please can you contact me with any more information? We can share!

letah75 said...

I would love to contact you and share information....however you left no contact info. I don't know how to contact you.

Please leave an e-mail address. Also how are you related? Through the Sisco line? Or through another line?

jane said...

Hey. My email address is mormonmonkey@gmail.com and I will give you more personal information there.

I am related through the Sisco line, Thomas Fancher Sisco. I really can't get back past Hugh Miller and Mary Good, though... I'm trying to locate some war records from him (it has been speculated that he was in the War of 1812).