Monday, October 15, 2007

- How very freakin' cool

At the very bottom of my blog page, you can click on this little box, it's got some green in it, and it will tell how many people have read my blog. I find it very cool that I can see where people are from who check my blog. You can also see how they got there. Someone from France checked my blog, and I clicked on the "how they got there" link and this came up. OMG, my blog was translated into French! How very freakin' cool! I didn't know you could do that. Do I have a French reader? Apparently I did.

My goodness the world is changing.

Funny enough I was having this conversation with the BF last night while driving. I got a DVR from the cable company, and it's AWESOME. I'm not watching more t.v., but I can pause live t.v., rewind, skip comercials, etc. AND I never have to miss an episode of Knitty Gritty! Anywhoo, we were discussing how cool the DVR is, and how much t.v. has changed. I remember 5 channels, black and white t.v., UHF dial, rabbit ears, t.v. stations that weren't on all night, not knowing the Saturday morning showing of Tarzan was in black and white, because all the shows on our t.v. were black and white, and OMG a VCR, NO WAY, beta, no remote (wait, I was the kid so I was the remote), etc., etc., etc. Now I can pause live t.v., rewind it, tape without a tape, high definition, wide screen, DVD's, cable or satalite, 24 hour news, 24 hour trash, 24 hour game shows, etc., etc., etc.?!?!?!?!?!?

BF remembers all that, and we decided that we are glad we had that black and white, rabbit eared t.v., that no matter how well the channel came in last night with the rabbit ears pointed west, you have to re-adjust them today. You re-adjust, asking the person on the other side of the room, "Is that good?", "Can you see it now?", "Is it clear", knowing that you will end up re-adjusting it again in 15 minutes.

Well, we're glad we lived that because man oh man how we appreciate the DVR now!!!

No comments: