Monday, November 12, 2007

- Debbie Mumm yarn

This past weekend I went down to the Bay Area to visit family and hang out. I FINALLY got to a Joann's Superstore (sorry a "Large Format" store according to the staff). I got to the store thanks to my wonderful Momma who drove me to the store in Fremont. I bought some Debbie Mumm yarn, which is beeeeautiful, and I can't wait to work on it. I bought 4 skeins of Adirondack Brown and four skeins of Robins Egg Blue. The colorways are wonderful, and the yarn is super soft!!!

Now for my rant.....well not really a rant, just something I have to say about Joann's.

1) They only sell this yarn at their "Super Stores". OK, really?!? I had to drive basically 4 hours to get to a Super Store! How stupid? You're selling new yarn, that people are talking about and you only sell it in some stores. I WANT THE YARN IN MY STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to have to drive 4 hours to see some yarn!

2) If you are selling yarn at only certain stores, please stock all of the colors, not just 3. The only colorways they had at this store were the two I bought and Beeswax Cream. REALLY?!?!?!?!?!? It's not even that the other colors were sold out, they had the Debbie Mumm yarn in it's own little corner, and they only had 3....count 'em 3 colorways out of the 6 that they offer online. BUT, they did have a swatch in one of the colorways that they didn't offer. I asked, "Oh, do you have this colorway?" The store employee looked at me in astonishment that I would even ask and said "No, that's just a sample". AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

3) I e-mailed Joann's and asked them about selling Debbie Mumm yarn at all of the stores, got no response. This is the second time I've e-mailed the company and gotten no response. Nothing irritates me more than a company that says oh e-mail us and we'll get back to you, then nothing. Ok, if you don't want to provide customer service, than don't give that option. Easy Peasy, right?!?!

I'm tired of this era of little to no customer service. Employees of different companies act as though customer service is a foreign concept. That REALLY irritates me!

1 comment:

gaga said...

I so thoroughly agree about the customer service thing. I've discovered a few companies selling various things that have the most excellent customer service - kalyx.com, healthypets.com,lion brand yarns . . . and despite the fact that I usually always look for the lowest prices everywhere I go back to these companies over and over because their customer service is so good. I'm visiting a yarn shop in town today. I'm not a customer - have never been there in fact - but I'm having all sorts of problems with a pattern and I called and they are willing to have a look. So they have a new customer if and when I ever get to a knitting level where I feel comfortable using pricier yarn!