Thursday, January 3, 2008

- Do you know what a Caucuse is?

If not here is an article explaining it.

For those of you who don't know me personally I am fascinated by politics. I find it interesting....but sometimes I also feel like I'm an ambulance chaser when I watch the debates. Or perhaps its more like a train wreck? hmmmmmm, either way, I find it fun to watch and talk about with close friends, and even more fun to play devils advocate.

I get really upset with people who don't vote, and think that if you don't vote, you have NO RIGHT to bitch or moan about the state of the world, your taxes, health care, potholes, the cost of parking tickets, the laws of the land, illegal immigration or what ever else it is that people complain about!!!! If you don't take the time to listen to the candidates, make an informed decision, and drive/walk/skip a few miles out of your way on voting day, and make your voice heard....then shut the hell up for the next 4 years!!!!!

Yeah, I think it is generally a case of voting for the lesser of two evils/dunces/idjiots but hell, the lesser of two is still lesser....right? I do think that we take our Rights for granted in the US of A, but that is a whole other rant and rave, so I'm not going to get into that argument for right now. My main thing is, if you don't vote, you shouldn't complain, if you don't vote, you should shut the hell up and take it like a man/women/adult. I mean you legally have to be given time off of work to vote, you don't have to drive far, you could vote absentee, so many choices.....but if you don't avail yourself of this Right, this privilege and you don't take part in the decision making process, DON'T COMPLAIN! SHUT UP! DEAL! SACK UP!

Ok, I think I've made my point clear.

Now I'm not gonna put it out there who I'm voting for, or who I would like to see win, but I will say this, I'm proud to be an informed voter, I'm proud to be someone who has voted in every election since I turned 18. I'm disgusted that more people don't vote, don't care, don't pay attention. If more people voted, cared, payed attention, demanded the kind of politician who says what they mean and means what they say, backed the kind of candidate that would actually answer a question with a simple "Yes I believe that" or "Nope, I would never back that issue" then those would be the types of politicians we'd start getting. If people thought about what a representative government means, then we'd have it (no not right away, but we'd get there). If politicians were chosen by the people to do the job they were supposed to, and voted out when they were just pushing their own agenda as opposed to OUR agenda I think life would be better.

Ok, for real, I'm done.

And for those few who read this, and wonder....no I didn't get a ticket, no I'm not having tax issues, no I didn't have a run in with a government employee, nothing "prompted" this, it's just how I feel.