Wednesday, January 2, 2008

- Hat for FH.

Ok I think I have an idea for how to do the all around brim for FH's hat. I'll just have to figure out the math for the increasing and decreasing.

I've knit 2 1/2 inches which will be the fold up part. (the part in the box is knit, the picture is for example purposes). However, it's knit in K2,p2 ribbing and not cables.


So if I could figure out the increases/decreases and just knit the round brim/visor part now (incorporate it into the pattern) then when I get back to 120 stitches, I could then knit the rest of the hat part.

I want to knit the visor/brim part so that it sticks out 2 1/2 inches.......hmmmmm, as I am not a math wizard, this could be difficult.


Then sew in the brim/visor. What do you all think?

Here's a picture that I drew of what I want to make....I just have no idea how to put it in practice.

No comments: