Sunday, April 6, 2008

- Claudia Hat

I'm knitting a new hat, a pattern I found on Ravelry.com. The hat is called Claudia and is a beautiful pattern. I'm making the hat for my FMIL (future Mother-in-Law). All she requested was a hat in a dark color. So I picked the pattern, and the yarn....well and the color too. I'm knitting it out of Malabrigo worsted, colorway - dark earth. The color looks a lot better in person than it does on the website. I've heard people raving about Malabrigo, and so I bought some at Stitches West 2007. Anywhoo, I could never figure out what to do with it, well I finally have, and I know know why everyone loves it soooooooo much. It is incredibly soft and knits up so wonderfully. I highly suggest using it to knit with. I'm knitting with Addi Turbo needles, which I love so, they are fast and smooth. I would have liked to knit it on Knit Picks, fixed Options but I didn't have the money to buy new needles, nor did I want to wait for them to get here. I saw this pattern, thought it was perfect and wanted to cast on NOW!!! I'm 9 rows in, and loving the pattern.

Oh, because I've been making so many hats lately, I realized I am in serious need of a full set of double pointed needles. So I found some on ebay, and here they are. The seller had great feedback, so I gambled. I love bamboo needles, so I got them. I also got some Brittany Birch Cable Needles. I usually use DPN's as cable needles, but I thought, for $4.25 I couldn't go wrong. I have to say, I LOVE these DPN's. They have a little ridge on both sides so the the stitches don't slip off, they are great. Right now I'm using them on the Claudia hat.

No comments: