Friday, August 29, 2008

- What a historical year!

Ok, I'm due January 20. I think that ROCKS. That is the day the new President and VP take office. Now here's the thing....

With McCain just making his announcement and choosing a women for his VP and Obama being the Democratic Presidential candidate my baby will be born in (what I think) the most historic year in the history of our country since we gained our independence, or since the end of slavery. And the thought that my baby is due on that day?!?

Despite who you are going to vote for, despite your party affiliation, its amazing. I am so thankful that this is when my baby is coming into the world. Despite our problems, despite our issues, changes are being made every day.

I remember in elementary school (mine was VERY liberal Episcopal school in the San Francisco Bay Area) being taught that a women and ESPECIALLY a Black man would NEVER EVER be a candidate let alone "allowed" into the white house....now despite your choice one or the other will be.

I'M LOVING THIS DAY!

2 comments:

gaga said...

It really is amazing isn't it? I am now getting chills whenever I think about it.

On another note I finally got back to knitting during the convention. I think I'm going to work on my courage and try a sock soon!

Sarah said...

I hear you! I have more hope for my boy's future now too!