Sunday, August 24, 2008

- pregnancy and finally some knitting!

Apparently I've been retaining some water....or about 5lbs. My feet have swollen from a size 6 1/2 to a 10. Needless to say, this is not the best. So the nurse told me to stay off of my feet as much as possible this weekend, drink 3 liters of water a day, and go to prompt care if I get dizzy, have vision changes or headaches. I've been keeping my feet up, and have been drinking a butt load of water and am feeling way better. My hands are still swollen, but not as bad, so I've been able to knit three whole rows (120 stitches) in the round, in order to start a new hat for my MIL. I haven't been able to knit in forever! My hands have been hurting for a while and I just haven't been able to knit. But now, VICTORY!!!! :-)

I'm going to attempt the Claudia hat again. Last time my problem was that I didn't follow the pattern. So I messed it up. I'm going to try again. I love the hat, and think my MIL will too.

I found the pattern on Ravelry.com.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope you are taking it easy! I've had some swelling too, but mostly in my feet and more on the hotter days. I am looking forward to fall and the cooler, less humid weather.