Tuesday, September 30, 2008

- Picking up the needles again.

So I want to ease back into knitting. I definitely want to make stuff for the baby but I wanted to start with a small project that I know I can/will finish so that when I really get back into it, I'll have that "I accomplished something" feeling.

So I picked up the needles yesterday CO about 35 stitches with some cheap 'ol walmart brand cotton. I'm going to make a dishcloth.
Row 1-2: Knit 2 rows,
Row 3: K2 *p1,k1* K2,
Row 4: K all stitches,
repeat Rows 3 and 4 until desired length. After completing a K2 *p1,k1*K2 row, knit two rows bind off.
I figure simple, quick, slight pattern-ish, good way to ease in.

Then I started thinking, "If I'd made this bigger I could TOTALLY make it into a bib...you know your back when while you're knitting a project you are already 1)thinking of the next one, and 2) making adjustments in your head.

No comments: