Saturday, November 8, 2008

- Gotta love what kids say.

So all week my son has been with us. One rule we have is "try three times, if you can't do it yourself, THEN ask for help."

So all week, he's been trying to open water bottle, etc, and if he can't do it after three attempts, then "Um, can you open/do/help....." All week with the water bottle it's been while I'm driving, so I tell him "hold the bottom tight then I reach over with one hand and WaaLa it's open.

This morning he got out of the shower, he was all try and had just put on lotion, I told him to grease his hair. I hear him making grunting/trying to open something sounds. Then I hear "Can you help me?!?" I go over to the bathroom, open the door and he is hold the jar of grease. He says "I can't open this." I tell him, hold the bottom. Then with two finger I barely twist and WAALA it's open. Super easy, super quick.

The look on his face was hysterical. Amazed/shocked/confused/a little scared/and just over all wide eyed, and he says "Uh, are you a wizard?!?" As he backs up a step.

OMG, I almost died laughing. Poor little guy. I had to explain that I was not in fact a wizard, but that my hands had no lotion so I could open the jar without my fingers slipping.

________________________________

Yesterday when I picked him up from the babysitter, I walked in and he was already ready to go. He lifts his hat to me and says "Salutations mom." And did a little bow. How cute! I love my little guy.