Monday, January 26, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
About a month ago I filled out a survey and won a free breast pump. How awsome is that?!? It's a MiPump by Learning Curve. I already have a Medala Pump In Style that my insurance paid for. Here is my first impression of the MiPump:
Ok I got mine yesterday via UPS. It was a surprise because I didn't get an e-mail saying I'd won one. But hell, I'm not upset or anything. I boiled all the parts today, and tried it out.
I'm going to have to try it more, but here is my first impression thus far:
1) It's quiet. I like that.
2) It's compact, which I love. I like the different ways you can use it. In the holder, out of the holder, with batteries, pretty cool.
3) There are soooo many parts, I still don't get what they all do.
4) Like everyone else, I wish it had a booklet, not that big ass poster. It's too much, and I don't want to carry a poster around with me.
5) On my first try it only pumped 2oz. Now my sides pump differently, so for the left 2oz is fine...for the right I should have gotten at least 4oz if not more.
6) I can't figure out that bar thingy. I tried it and the cups kept rolling back off of my breasts. Also there is so odd white stuff in the connection area that came off on the bottle and I don't know what it is. It looked like putty.
7) I still can't figure out all the parts (yup, I put this one twice).
8) The hose is kinda tense, but I'm sure that'll work itself out.
I'll keep using it, trying it out, but so far I like the medala pump in style better...but I'm also more used to it, and the medala has it's own issues!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I HAVE MY BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was born 1/3/09 at 8:12pm. She was 21 inches long and 6lb 13oz.
My water broke (gushed) at work on Friday, 1/2/09 at 3pm (18 days early, I was due 1/20/09). I went home and Darwin took me to the hospital. After 29 hours of labor (contractions 1 minute apart, VERY strong) and trying everything. I dilated only to a 2. Dr. and Nurses were confused, and told me I was a medical oddity. :-)
I ended up having to have a c-section. I had to have two spinal blocks the first one didn't take, so they had to do a second. That one took a long time and they almost didn't want to let Darwin in because they almost had to put me out completely. When they told DH that he started praying, and before he could "amen" they realized the second spinal and the, "massive amounts of Lidocane, enough to kill a normal person" according to the Dr., finally took and they let him in.
Rosa Leigh Eloah K.... is beautiful. I cant stop staring!!!! I'll post pics and more later. I got home yesterday around 2pm. So I was in the hospital from Friday at 4pm until Tuesday at 2pm. I was so ready for home. I am EXHAUSTED, and my mom, DH's mom, my SIL and DH's aunt have been lifesavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and she was born on one of her Auntie's birthdays. How cool.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I will be focusing on her, and sleep :-) for the next little while, but I will post when possible.