Saturday, January 17, 2009

- Got a free breast pump

I'm a member of a pregnancy forum, which I love. I've met some of the most wonderful women!

About a month ago I filled out a survey and won a free breast pump. How awsome is that?!? It's a MiPump by Learning Curve. I already have a Medala Pump In Style that my insurance paid for. Here is my first impression of the MiPump:

Ok I got mine yesterday via UPS. It was a surprise because I didn't get an e-mail saying I'd won one. But hell, I'm not upset or anything. I boiled all the parts today, and tried it out.

I'm going to have to try it more, but here is my first impression thus far:

1) It's quiet. I like that.
2) It's compact, which I love. I like the different ways you can use it. In the holder, out of the holder, with batteries, pretty cool.
3) There are soooo many parts, I still don't get what they all do.
4) Like everyone else, I wish it had a booklet, not that big ass poster. It's too much, and I don't want to carry a poster around with me.
5) On my first try it only pumped 2oz. Now my sides pump differently, so for the left 2oz is fine...for the right I should have gotten at least 4oz if not more.
6) I can't figure out that bar thingy. I tried it and the cups kept rolling back off of my breasts. Also there is so odd white stuff in the connection area that came off on the bottle and I don't know what it is. It looked like putty.
7) I still can't figure out all the parts (yup, I put this one twice).
8) The hose is kinda tense, but I'm sure that'll work itself out.

I'll keep using it, trying it out, but so far I like the medala pump in style better...but I'm also more used to it, and the medala has it's own issues!

No comments: