Wednesday, February 11, 2009

- I've never liked/respected a celebrity so much.

Here is the link to the story. But the basic premise is Salma Hayek who is a breastfeeding mom. She went to Africa, saw a baby who was starving and feed him. Yup that's right she breastfed someone else's baby. A stranger's baby. I have to give her much respect. That is amazing. You don't expect selfless and humane acts from celebrities these days. In the era of spoiled rich bitches like Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc. It's nice to hear of someone who does for others is such a very human and personal way.

Just for fun Here is a story about a Chinese police women who breastfed a baby after their last large earthquake.

3 comments:

Ninabeena said...

I've always thought she was awesome but now she just went and touched my heart in a real way. I know other people might not get it but I think what she did is amazing. What you describe as being a celebrity problem is actually just a human problem in my eyes. People seem less and less compassionate and more and more self absorbed in general.

letah75 said...

I think that's true to an extent. Perhaps its the people I'm around at work and in my family, but there are many wonderful and giving people out there.

Hopefully, this "recession" will get people to come back to realizing that we are all dependent on one another.

Sarah said...

I saw this story on the news and was so glad Selma fed that baby. But sadly, the mothers in that area stop breast feeding right away due to encouragement from their men. The men apparently can't have sex with a breast feeding woman. So they discourage breast feeding. I guess it wouldn't be so much of a problem if they actually had another food source. Very sad!