I grew up seeing women breastfeed in public when traveling in Mexico and Central America, it was quite normal. Personally, I could care less. I've had big breasts since they popped out one day and said "Hi" to the world. So frankly I'm used to people starting, whether I wear a sweatshirt or a tanktop. :-)
Now, I've never been one to show them off, I'm a little shy for that, but I'll tell you what in the last 5 weeks, my attitude has changed significantly.
1) I'm going to feed my baby when she's hungry. I figure, adults and children eat anywhere and everywhere, so can my daughter. Adults and children are better at dealing with hunger than my 5 week old infant, so bully to you!
2) I'm not going to flaunt it, but if you stare, then you see what you get.
3) Trying to cover these ginormous bazoooms is difficult, I'll do my best, but frankly, I'm no magician. :-)
4) I will NOT feed her in a bathroom. I don't eat in my own bathroom, I'm sure as hell not going to feed my baby in a public bathroom.
5) If it's not to hot/cold I don't mind feeding her in my car, but I'm not going to sit in my car in 20 degree or 115 degree weather. Both of which we have here.
6) If I'm at a Mommy's group, (especially La Leche group) I'm not going to go out of my way to hide them, especially as all of the other Mommies are feeding their babies too.
I don't think I'm exceptionally gungho, but frankly, they're boobs. According to my son, "You've got utters?!? That's cool." They're for feeding. I'm not going to make a spectacle of myself but if you look you might see something, if you stare you definitely will, and well.....I don't care.