Monday, May 18, 2009

Donating Milk

I'm going to donate milk.  Since Rosa Leigh is eating about 5 to 6 ounces while I'm gone, then eating a TON when I'm home, and I'm pumping more than she can eat, I want to donate milk.

I still have colostrum left!!!  I don't want this to go to waste, so I've contacted a milk bank in CA and I've got between 200-300 ounces to donate.  That will still leave me with a ton of milk stored for Rosa Leigh in case she starts to eat more.

But since she is 4.5 months, and at 6 months she'll be eating some solids during the day and BFing at night...I'm still going to be pumping during the day the same amount, she's going to be eating even less....I'm going to continue to donate.

Since the milk goes to neo-natal babies, and really, I don't have to put out any extra effort, I'm gonna do it....anyone with me?  ;-)

2 comments:

Marigold said...

good for you :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea! Is there a website that outlines the logistics of donating?