Friday, December 23, 2011

Blessings

At this time of year we all think about our blessings, then in the next thought we turn to what we want.  It's a little schizophrenic I think. 

What I have, what I want, what I have, what I want, what I have, what I want....then comes Christmas, and it's...what I have, what I got, what I have, what I got, what I have what I got.

As a society we've gotten away from what Christmas is.  We've killed the extended family, we don't know our grandparents, great-grandparents.  Quick, tell me the names of your great-grandparents (including their maiden names).  Can't do it can you. 

I'm blessed to have a family that is close, a family that loves one another, and wonderful in-laws.  I have my needs met, and I have beautiful children.  Things are great, but this year, I'm just happy to have my blessings.  And ALL of my true blessings are the people in my life, here and those who've passed.  They've given me riches that money can't buy, and I'm happier for them.

No comments: