Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sewing

I got a sewing machine for Christmas.  Now I already have one, it's heavy duty, industrial strength, but it's in an old sewing desk, and I can't get to it...no room. 

But this new one, I can put it on the dining room table and sew!!!  It's been about 20 years since I last sat down in front of a sewing machine and made anything (an apron in home ec), I think I remember the basics.  But I can't wait to get this thing out and get working on new and exciting projects.  Thanks to the bins at JoAnn's Fabric I have some material I can play with.  I think my new project will be some pajama bottoms for my toddler. 

I'm just so excited about this.  I've found so fun projects on http://www.pinterest.com my newest obsession. 

I can't wait for my daughter to get older, so I can teach her how to knit, crochet, sew, all that jazz.

No comments: